Why Rolling Green?
THE ECOLOGICAL IMPACT
Audiovisual productions have a significant environmental impact (on average, 1,000 tons of CO2 for a feature film according to Ecoprod). Despite this, there was no specific program for the ecoresponsibility of filming in Quebec.
The committed partners of Rolling Green have identified synergies that will allow them to collaborate in order to accelerate the deployment of an ecoresponsible production approach in Quebec.
The Rolling Green action plan is initiated by Québecor, through its subsidiaries MELS and TVA, and by the Quebec Film and Television Council (QFTC) in collaboration with the Conseil québécois des événements écoresponsables (CQEER).
1. Reduce the ecological footprint of the audiovisual production sector in Quebec :
- Reduce the consumption of natural resources
- Manage residual materials in a responsible manner
- Raise awareness and educate the various stakeholders
- Reduce energy consumption and GHG production
2. Strengthen the industry’s competitive advantage in Quebec
3. Create value for society
4. Achieve cost savings
Rolling green allows us to reduce our ecological footprint, mobilize employees and attract more foreign productions to Quebec studios. With the commitment of all workers from the industry, we can have a positive economic, environmental and social impact.
Our Founding partners
With the financial support of:
The Rolling Green program is proud to be a partner in Reel Green's Canada-wide initiative.